I have been a hobbyist developer for nearly a decade and worked professionally on Unity projects in C# for the past 3 years. I have a great appreciation for the ability games have to take people into other realms and experience something truly otherworldly. As such I enjoy digging around in all aspects of development, for fun and to give myself a more robust development skill set.
I have participated in many online game jams through sites like Ludum Dare, GameJolt, and itch.io. Developing anything from simple flash puzzle games to surreal 3D hellscapes and short narrative adventures. With the exception of Farm World, and any music, all of the projects on this website were created by myself.
*Please click on images for a more detailed break-down of the project*
*Please click on images for an animated .gif*
Recently I have really embraced Bitsy (created by Adam Le Doux) as a way to quickly create small narrative adventure games. Working within the restrictions of such a simple engine lets me focus on the world building and narrative aspects. It’s a great way to spend a Sunday.
These are all playable through my itch.io page. Alternatively each thumbnail below has a .gif of an entire playthrough.
Relevant Work Experience
Corptron Games Corp.
Game Programmer 06/2016 – 07/2019
- Prototyped a C# Unity editor extension for creating racetracks by placing and deforming meshes along a Bezier spline
- Created custom inspectors and windows to ease design implementation and limit property access to required fields
- Wrote an event system using .NET reflection to call time dependent functions when a moment is reached or surpassed in game time
- Coded shaders in Cg/HLSL for post-process effects during area transitions and equipment use feedback, like water levels in a glass tank draining by use of a stencil mask
- Implemented core farming mechanics such as tilling a freeform row, sowing crops, plant growth and death, watering, and harvesting
- Prototyped vehicle suspension and physics with customizable driving modes activated by force and speed threshold accessible through the inspector
Game Developer 08/2009 – Forever
- Partaking in game jams hosted by Ludum Dare, GameJolt, and itch.io I have created:
- 7 Bitsy games
- 6 Unity games with C#
- 12 Flash games with ActionScript 3.0
- 2 Others with C# and GML
- Experimented with creating a text adventure from an XML document interpreted by a parsing engine written in ActionScript 3.0
- Touched on all aspects of development: game and level design, programming, art, and audio
Art Institute of Vancouver
Diploma in Game Design 08/2009 – 06/2011
- Prototyped a GameMaker 8.0 game every week for two semesters
- Was Level Design Lead on a team of 8 level designers for our graduation project
- Graduated with a 3.8/4.0 GPA
- ActionScript 3.0
- Visual Studio
- Tortoise SVN